One of the biggest challenges in life is dealing with an injury that may have been due to the negligence of another person. This can be a tough time, and it's ideal to work closely with a personal injury attorney and taking legal action. The good news is you can prepare in advance of this time by making a list of questions to ask this professional and knowing what these are may be helpful to you.
Question #1: What details are necessary to start the case?
Getting the exact information from your attorney about what is necessary to build a strong case is the first thing you should do. This can allow you to know of in advance what it will take to have a better chance of obtaining compensation for your injury.
Listed below are some things the attorney may recommend:
1. Any official documents that may say you were in the right in this situation.
2. Copies of your medical bills that show the cost of this expense.
3. Photographs of your injuries and any damage that may have been done to your property.
4. Names of witnesses that may help strengthen your case.
5. Full details of the events as these occurred during the incident.
Question #2: When is the time to provide you evidence?
One thing you'll want to know is the precise time when you'll be able to show all of the proof you have against the other individual. This will happen during the discovery stage and listed below are the four parts of it:
1. Written interrogatories – This is when you'll be required to answer a series of question and it's important to provide thorough responses to get your point across.
2. Deposition – It may be necessary to meet with the other parties attorney to be disposed.
3. Request for production documents – When you should provide copies of the official papers that will make your case stronger, such as a police report.
4. Request for admission statements – You'll need to either admit or deny certain statements.
The good news is you can have the success you want when you work hard to prove your case against the defending party. The key to doing so may largely rest in finding the right legal expert to help you. Be sure to consult with a personal injury attorney, like one from Palmetto Injury Lawyers, today to advise you through this entire process.